How to connect via a Wi-Fi network:
Submit a request to InVue Customer Service for login and other proprietary details shown below.
An InVue LoRa Gateway is required for LIVE installations. The order code for LTE enabled models begins with LI70..-.. These units can access Wide Area Networks (WAN / Internet) by Ethernet, LTE or local Wi-Fi. Each InVue unit is preset to connect to a WAN by trying Ethernet, LTE and Wi-Fi (in that order).
Our WIreless Rak Gateways require two ports to be open in order to work correctly.
LORA Network: UDP 17000
LIVE Display: TCP 443 or 8443
For Setting up LIVE Display the LIVE Gateway is the most important step.
Please Consider the following when setting up your LIVE Gateway.
- It should be positioned in a space that is free and clear of obstructing objects.
- It should be placed up as high as possible.
This allows better Line of Sight to the alarm nodes and sensors.
The following instructions are for connection via a Wi-Fi network. The Gateway can connect to Wi-Fi networks with standard SSID and Password configurations. If the Wi-Fi network uses a captive portal web page, use another method to access WAN or contact the network administrator for other access options.
Setup and log into the LIVE Gateway:
- Connect the LoRa antenna.
- WARNING: Do not power the device if the LoRa Antenna port has been left open to avoid potential damage to the unit.
- Plug the power supply into the Gateway and connect to power.
- Connect to the Gateway with Wi-Fi.
- For this step, use your laptop and Wi-Fi settings (not Ethernet).
- Find your Gateway in the available Wi-Fi networks list on your laptop. The following SSID is what you should see, and InVue Customer Service will provide your Network Security (password).
SSID: RAK7268_<last 4 digits MAC address>
Note that RAK Wi-Fi may fail to get internet connection — this is OK.
4. Log into Gateway UI
- Type the Customer Service provided IP address (192.168.230.1) into an internet browser on the laptop.
- Log in with your Customer Service provided Username and Password.
- Default password is InvueLIVE1
Tip: Your PC may automatically switch to other Wi-Fi networks in vicinity. Uncheck “Connect Automatically” from the other networks in PC settings may help this setup process.
Set Wi-Fi credentials:
- Change Wi-Fi Mode: Network > Wi-Fi
- Change Mode to Access Point + Client
- Change Wireless Client settings to match local Wi-Fi network with access to internet
- This can be done manually or by scanning for local Wi-Fi signals
- Add ESSID (SSID), encryption type and password to match local Wi-Fi requirements
- Select “Save & Apply”
Shortly after applying settings, Gateway should connect to network and internet if available.
Reboot and test:
- Reboot the Gateway to test settings: System > Reboot
- Check WiFi and internet access: Status > Overview
- Log into the Gateway UI
- Scroll down to Wireless Overview and confirm Client setting is correct and functioning
- All LEDs on Model 7268 should be on or blinking and status LED should be pulsing blue
Additional documentation for gateway hardware can be found at: