LIVE Display allows users to track planogram compliance by continually monitoring the sensor’s plunger and stand ID to confirm the intended merchandise is still on the correct display. Once set, sensors will monitor their plunger even if they are disarmed or removed overnight. Sensors check the stand's ID* when returned to ensure correct placement.
*If placement confirmation is required, please ensure your stand model includes a unique ID.
System conditions for compliance monitoring
To begin monitoring
A sensor must be armed and seated on its stand to begin compliance monitoring.
After assembling the position, allow it to arm and set it on the correct stand.
Then press the CONFIRM button in the app.
Pressing CONFIRM does the following:
- Records stand ID to confirm if returning to the correct stand.
- Monitors plunger to confirm the same merchandise is always attached.
- Changes power settings to stay in low power monitoring mode even if disarmed and removed.
- Locks the merchandise and position settings to the sensor’s ID. All events from this sensor will be tracked and logged to the user assigned merchandise and position.
With normal operation, the sensor continues to report events and data for the assigned merchandise and position.
The system will clear the planogram reference if it can no longer confirm the merchandise or user settings match the physical merchandise and stand. The following will cause the planogram setting to clear.
Sensor becomes Unconfirmed if:
- The sensor can no longer confirm the correct merchandise is attached due to:
- The plunger lifts. May generate an alarm, but may lift when disarmed, both will clear the setting.
- The sensor resets. Sensor reset indicates it was off for some period. This could be due to storing the sensor for a long period, sensor firmware update, or some other reason causing the sensor to reboot. The sensor does not know if the merchandise was changed while it was reset, it can no longer confirm the merchandise is correct.
- The user changes the sensor’s assigned merchandise or location.
- Changing the merchandise assignment clears the planogram setting even if the plunger remains down to ensure the user physically changes the merchandise on the sensor. (If the plunger remains pressed, the old merchandise is still attached)
- Changing the position assignment clears the planogram setting. Clearing the setting allows the sensor to collect a new stand ID.
If a sensor is accidentally confirmed on the wrong stand, see the link below to fix the problem.