How to connect via a mobile (LTE) network:
Submit a request to InVue Customer Service for login and other proprietary details shown below.
An InVue LoRa Gateway is required for LIVE installations. The order code for LTE enabled models begins with LI70..-.. These units can access Wide Area Networks (WAN / Internet) by Ethernet, LTE or local Wi-Fi. Each InVue unit is preset to connect to a WAN by trying Ethernet, LTE and Wi-Fi (in that order).
The following instructions are for connection via a mobile (LTE) network. Completion of these instructions, ahead of store installation will ensure plug and play execution at the customer’s store.
For Setting up LIVE Display the LIVE Gateway is the most important step.
Please Consider the following when setting up your LIVE Gateway.
- It should be positioned in a space that is free and clear of obstructing objects.
- It should be placed up as high as possible.
This allows better Line of Sight to the alarm nodes and sensors.
Before starting you should have the following ready:
SIM card: LIVE Gateways use NanoSIM size card. (12.3mm x 8.8mm)
- WARNING: The SIM card slot of the cellular versions is not hot-swappable. Make sure the gateway is switched off before inserting or ejecting the SIM card.
- Ensure the SIM is activated and ready to join the network.
- Follow the image printed on the unit for correct slot and orientation.
APN: Access Point Name, provides device with detail needed to connect to wireless service.
- Each mobile carrier may have a unique APN required for the SIM to connect to their network.
- LIVE Gateway setup - What is an APN? (zendesk.com)
- Dynamic APN: Depending on the SIM and carrier, if the APN field is left blank, Dynamic APN may be an option. If available, this will auto-populate the correct access point name based on how the SIM is specified in the carrier account settings.
The user's choice of SIM card and carrier determine the APN requirements.
Try Dynamic APN
Managed tests with InVue SIM cards should update the APN for best connection and service. Please proceed to Gateway LTE Setup.
If using a SIM card not provided by InVue. It may be easiest to see if the SIM supports Dynamic APN by simply inserting the SIM and powering the unit.
WARNING: The SIM card slot of the cellular versions is not hot-swappable. Make sure the gateway is switched off before inserting or ejecting the SIM card.
It may take several minutes to establish a connection with a new SIM.
The LTE LED on the connector face of the gateway will flicker to indicate a connection:
When fully connected, the LED on the top of the unit will light with a blue breathing pulse.
If the gateway fails to connect with Dynamic APN, proceed to next steps to enter your carrier's APN.
Gateway LTE Setup
Setup and log into the LIVE Gateway:
- Connect the LoRa antenna.
- WARNING: Do not power the device if the LoRa Antenna port has been left open to avoid potential damage to the unit.
- Plug the power supply into the Gateway and connect to power.
- Connect to the Gateway with Wi-Fi.
- For this step, use your laptop and Wi-Fi settings (not Ethernet).
- Find your Gateway in the available Wi-Fi networks list on your laptop. The following SSID is what you should see, and InVue Customer Service will provide your Network Security (password).
SSID: RAK7268_<last 4 digits MAC address>
Note that RAK Wi-Fi may fail to get internet connection — this is OK.
4. Log into Gateway UI
- Type the Customer Service provided IP address (192.168.230.1) into an internet browser on the laptop.
- Log in with your Customer Service provided Username and Password.
- Default password is InvueLIVE1
Tip: Your PC may automatically switch to other Wi-Fi networks in vicinity. Uncheck “Connect Automatically” from the other networks in PC settings may help this setup process.
Update LTE settings:
- Set LTE per test requirements:
Network > Cellular Interface
- InVue North America: APN = datasim (all other entries blank)
- InVue Global: APN = viaa.cxn (all other entries blank)
- Local or Customer SIM: APN as required by SIM provider.
- Update additional settings as required by SIM provider.
- Select “Save & Apply”
- Network > Cellular Interface
- Confirm settings are applied
- Go to Status > Overview, scroll down to Cellular status and confirm ICCID from SIM card
- Go back to Network > Cellular Interface and confirm settings saved — repeat steps if needed.
- Reboot and test
System > Reboot
- Note: Your PC may switch to a different network during reboot.
- After reboot, connect to RAK Wi-Fi and use browser to confirm internet connection.
- System > Reboot
Additional documentation for gateway hardware can be found at: