How to change the Ethernet port from WAN to LAN:
Submit a request to InVue Customer Service for login and other proprietary details shown below.
An InVue LoRa Gateway is required for LIVE installations. The order code for LTE enabled models begins with LI70..-.. These units can access Wide Area Networks (WAN / Internet) by Ethernet, LTE or local Wi-Fi. Each InVue unit is preset to connect to a WAN by trying Ethernet, LTE and Wi-Fi (in that order).
The default setting for the Ethernet port is for WAN function. If this port is not being used for a WAN, it can be configured to act as a LAN port and share internet access with an Ethernet connected device (eg. InVue’s OneKEY Manager).
The following instructions are for changing the Ethernet port from WAN to LAN.
Gateway Hardware SETUP
For Setting up LIVE Display the LIVE Gateway is the most important step.
Please Consider the following when setting up your LIVE Gateway.
- It should be positioned in a space that is free and clear of obstructing objects.
- It should be placed up as high as possible.
This allows better Line of Sight to the alarm nodes and sensors.
Our WIreless Rak Gateways require two ports to be open in order to work correctly.
LORA Network: UDP 17000
LIVE Display: TCP 443 or 8443
GATEWAY ETHERNET LAN PORT SETUP
Setup and log into the LIVE Gateway:
- Connect the LoRa antenna.
- WARNING: Do not power the device if the LoRa Antenna port has been left open to avoid potential damage to the unit.
- Plug the power supply into the Gateway and connect to power.
- Connect to the Gateway with Wi-Fi.
- For this step, use your laptop and Wi-Fi settings (not Ethernet).
- Find your Gateway in the available Wi-Fi networks list on your laptop. The following SSID is what you should see, and InVue Customer Service will provide your Network Security (password).
SSID: RAK7268_<last 4 digits MAC address>
Note that RAK Wi-Fi may fail to get internet connection — this is OK.
4. Log into Gateway UI
- Type the Customer Service provided IP address (192.168.230.1) into an internet browser on the laptop.
- Log in with your Customer Service provided Username and Password.
- Default password is InvueLIVE1
Tip: Your PC may automatically switch to other Wi-Fi networks in vicinity. Uncheck “Connect Automatically” from the other networks in PC settings may help this setup process.
Change Ethernet function:
- Change Ethernet port settings: Network > Ethernet Port
- Change Ethernet Port Type to LAN
- Select “Save & Apply”
- Reboot Gateway to test settings: System > Reboot
- After reboot, plug Ethernet LAN device into port and test for internet connection.
- Note: Put laptop into airplane mode to ensure it is not reconnecting with previous Wi-Fi settings.
Additional documentation for gateway hardware can be found at: