The process to restart a S3100V sensor is:
- Disarm the sensor to prevent an unwanted alarm.
- Pull sensor from stand and remove merchandise to turn the sensor off.
- Attach sensor to merchandise and replace in powered stand to turn the sensor on.
Sensors should normally reconnect automatically. If a sensor remains offline for longer than expected, restarting the sensor will make it retry and rejoin the network if possible.
The following steps will turn a sensor off and back on. This requires removing any attached merchandise which could trigger an alarm. The system's disarm features should help avoid unwanted alarms.
If the sensor fails to rejoin after restarting, please check the gateway for power, network connection and location within range of the sensor.
1. Disarm any sensor(s) to be restarted.
- If restarting multiple sensors, tap the DISARM ALL button at the top of the page.
- If restarting only one sensor, tap its entry to see the sensor's detail page, then disarm the sensor.
Note: Disarm time is limited. The next step should be performed as soon as possible to avoid an alarm.
Repeat the disarm process if you need more time.
2. Turn off the S3100V sensor.
The sensor will turn off if it does not have any merchandise to protect and is not charging on a stand.
- Remove the sensor from its stand.
- Remove merchandise from the sensor to release the plunger on the face of the sensor.
This may trigger an alarm if the sensor was not disarmed prior to merchandise removal.
3. Turn on the S3100V sensor.
The sensor will automatically turn on as soon as it detects power and merchandise to protect.
- Attach the sensor to the merchandise to be protected.
- Set the sensor in its stand.