Mobile app update February 2023
The LIVE Display mobile application has been updated for iOS and re-built to support cross-platform development on both iOS and Android. The main features and functions of the app are the same, but the interface and details displayed to the user have been improved.
New features and updates
Users still scan the device code to start the enrollment process. An instruction page is added for each of the different devices to ensure successful enrollment.
The location selection step is now divided into Section and Position. This was previously a single step listing every position in the store.
A final instruction page is added to give final instructions to get the device up and running.
The home page has a small change now showing the user how many Security Issues and Other Issues.
Security Issue has been updated to include all expected security circuits and the associated Alarm Node must be online.
An Other Issue occurs if a sensor loses power, has plan compliance problem or if it’s lock is jammed.
Tap locations are added to take the user to their intended list. Tapping the Security # starts the user on the Security list, tapping the Other # lands on the Other list. Tapping elsewhere, like the Display Security text lands on the All list.
Lists use icons to show main status and text if there is an issue to fix. The sensor’s ID is also shown.
Issue lists are sorted with the highest priority problems at the top. The All list shows all enrolled sensors in order of Section, Position, Brand, Name.
Tapping on a sensor entry takes the user to the sensor’s action page.
Sensor Action page
The sensor action page is a new, clean view limited to the most important information to the user.
- Easy to read merchandise and position information is shown at the top.
- Action buttons are directly under this information. If the sensor is offline or has not completed the installation process, the buttons are not shown.
- The last time the device was seen is shown under the buttons with a Refresh feature to request status from the device.
- The lower portion of the screen shows important status with any issues that need to be fixed.
- Additional details and features to change sensor assignments are found by pressing Info & Settings.
Info & Settings page
The info and settings page has additional details about the sensor.
- If an issue exists, the top of the page can show additional instructions to solve. Not all issues have specific instructions at this time. Sensors without an issue will show General info on top.
- General information shows user assignments that may be edited for remerchandising.
- Technical information about the sensor includes connectivity and status.
- Remove device option is at the bottom if the sensor is no longer needed.