If they have some stands of the same product that is working, troubleshoot by doing the following:
- Remove 1 device (keeping the sensor and power connector attached to the merchandise) from the non-working stand and 1 device (keeping the sensor and power connector attached to the merchandise) from the working stand.
- Install the previously working device onto the "non-working" stand and the previously non-working device to the previously working stand.
If the "non-working" Merchandise on the working stand starts powering the device and the working Merchandise on the "non-working" stand continues not to power the device, the problem lies with the stand.
- Check to make sure the outlet is working, and the stand is plugged into the correct power supply. If still not working, then check the warranty on the stand and follow the proper procedure
If the "non-working" merchandise on the working stand continues not to work and the working merchandise on the "non-working" stand begins to power, the problem lies with the sensor or the power connector.
- Once you identify this as the problem, you will need to have the customer remove the sensor and switch it for a new one if they have an extra one to try. If they are doing this step, they do not need to reapply the adhesive until it is confirmed to be the sensor or the power connector.
- To test, have them switch the sensor and use the same power connector. They should hold the yellow plunger on the sensor down with their finger and connect the phone to the power connector.
- Does the unit power? If not, switch the sensors back and try the same method with the power connector. Dependent on which resolves the issue, issue an RMA for further testing on the security part.