If the alarm node is grayed out in the app that means it has lost connection with the InVue system, the gateway is the alarm node's only means of connection to the InVue system. Therefore, when the gateway is offline the alarm node will be grayed out (offline).
How to restart the gateway
- If the gateway is powered by a power adapter, remove the power cable from the gateway and wait for 10 seconds and plug it back in.
- If the gateway is powered by an Ethernet cable (POE), remove the ethernet cable and wait for 10 seconds and plug it back in.
- After the gateway is powered back on wait until you see the light on top of the gateway turn blue, which indicates that it’s connected to the internet and InVue system.
How to restart the Alarm node.
- Use the IR4 key to disarm the alarm node, i.e. point the key to the center of the node and press the button, you will hear a beep, and after that unplug the node from power. The light on the node should be off completely. i.e. there should be no flashing light on the node.
- Wait for 10 seconds and plug the node back in the power, you should hear a beep and then see a solid white light on the alarm node, which indicates that it’s connected to the gateway and InVue system.
Note: if the alarm node is not connected to the gateway, it will keep flashing a red light