If you are unable to check out keys, first check if your KAS is online within your LIVE Access web application.
Note: The KAS does not need to be online to check out keys. It only needs to be online if you have one of the following:
- Added a new user to your system
- Made changes to an existing user in your system
If you have done one of the above and cannot check out a key, please follow the steps outlined in the following article: Live Access Key Authorization Station (KAS) Offline
If you are following this process with a PIN that has not been updated recently:
- To the right side of the KAS, there is a black adhesive covering. Peel this piece back to reveal a USB-A Port.
- Use a USB-A to Micro-USB cable (ex. Phone Charger) and plug the USB-A end to the USB-A port of the KAS
- The MicroUSB can plug into the key and you should be able to proceed with entering your PIN to check out as normal
- Call InVue Customer Service at 888-554-6883, Opt. 2 as soon as possible to report this issue
Note: Customer Service should check to see if there is any physical damage to the KAS MicroUSB. If so, a replacement KAS needs to be sent as soon as possible if within warranty.