If you are unable to check out keys, first check if your KAS is online within your Access Manager portal.
*Note: your KAS does not need to be online to check out keys. It only needs to be online if you have:
- Added a New User to your system
- Made changes to an existing User in your system
If you have done one of the above and cannot check out a key, please follow the steps outlined in the following article: Why is my Access Manager key authorization station(KAS) offline? – InVue Help Center
If KAS is online and showing in LIVE Access, verify that the user is enabled in LIVE Access.
- Log in to LIVE Access.
- Navigate to the Users tab.
- Search for the user(s) affected.
- Select the User. The information panel will open on the right.
- The upper right will show if the user account is enabled or not.
If you are following this process with a PIN that has not been updated recently:
- To the right side of the KAS, there is a black adhesive covering. Peel this piece back to reveal a USB-A Port.
- Use a USB-A to Micro-USB cable (ex. Phone Charger) and plug the USB-A end to the USB-A port of the KAS
- The MicroUSB can plug into the key and you should be able to proceed with entering your PIN to check out as normal.
- Call InVue Customer Service at 888-554-6883, Opt. 2 as soon as possible to report this issue.
- Customer Service should check to see if there is any physical damage to the KAS MicroUSB. If so, a replacement KAS needs to be sent as soon as possible if within warranty.